12 chicken drumsticks
3 cups buttermilk
2 packets of Mi Goreng
3 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
Salt & pepper to taste
Sliced chilli & coriander (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk and Mi Goreng seasoning in a mixing bowl. Add in chicken drumsticks and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- When ready to cook, pour in vegetable oil into a pot and heat to 175 degrees.
- Combine flour, cornstarch and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix it thoroughly.
- Working one at a time, remove chicken pieces from the buttermilk mixture. Shake it gently to remove the excess. Place it in the mix and coat thoroughly. Tap off the texcess mixture.
- Break up Mi Goreng noodle into bits to coat each chicken piece before frying.
- Place the chicken drumstick into the hot oil and fry each piece for around 15 minutes each, turning each piece about halfway through, until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from the oil and place on paper towels. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.